The Pier House
Where the beach ends and the cliff begins is Westward Ho! 's only seafront bar and bistro. Located in North Devon's most unique settings perched majestically on the cliff edge overlooking Bideford Bay and Lundy Island... you know you're there when you can hear the sea.
The Pier House offers bistro dining serving a fantastic array of tantalising meals throughout the day and evening. With breathtaking sea views across the bay, a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, great menus and a modern design, what better place to relax and unwind with family and friends, be it to enjoy a light snack or a three course meal beside the sea. Our varied menus will be sure to entice your taste buds. The Pier House will be your number one choice for meeting family and friends or celebrating that special occasion.
The decked sun terrace offers outside seating where you are invited to enjoy alfresco dining or simply relax with a drink, take in the scenery, enjoy the uninterrupted sea views and watch the world go by.
Our incredibly popular Sunday carvery can be enjoyed within a relaxed atmosphere and with fantastic sea views as a backdrop.
Our friendly staff will welcome you to The Pier House seafront bar and bistro. Call today to make a reservation and experience mesmerising Atlantic waves rolling where the land meets the sea.
ContactThe Pier House
email a friend
VenueThe Pier House
Merley Road, Westward Ho!, Bideford, North Devon, EX39 1JU
Map reference: SS 425291 Lat: 51.03992 Long: -4.24731
Merley Road, Westward Ho! Bideford EX39 1JU
Parking : free
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps to the main entrance
- 7Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds) or access by ramp to a specially adapted toilet for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Baby changing facilities
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Audible alarm system