The Bush Inn at Morwenstow is a 13th century free house in a stunning location just off the south west coast path between Bude and Hartland, on one of the most dramatic stretches of the north Cornish coast.
Once a haunt for smugglers and wreckers; our historic Inn has provided sustenance for weary travellers for hundreds of years.
Opening all day, every day of the year ensures that no one is ever under pressure regarding opening times. A full menu is available from 12 noon throughout the day.
We serve Cornish real ales and a variety of fine wines to accompany a delicious selection of hearty flavoursome meals, freshly prepared to order by our chef who devises menus according to seasonal availability.
We are passionate about using the freshest local produce including beef from our own farm here in Morwenstow, and lamb, pork, salad and vegetables from neighbouring and nearby farms. Local shoots provide us with all the pheasant, venison and other game we require and our fishmonger supplies us with seafood caught in these waters.
In winter the emphasis is on a cosy country pub atmosphere with log fires and robust warming dishes, such as red wine and blue cheese risotto, venison stew, a well hung steak or old Cornish sausage and mash with plenty of onion gravy!
In summer however one can enjoy a plate of mussels or freshly caught local fish and chips and a cold beer in our large garden over looking the beautiful Tidna Valley and the Atlantic Ocean whilst the children amuse themselves on the sturdy wooden play equipment. The views are truly breathtaking and the sunsets are spectacular!
Whether you are seeking somewhere to spend a quiet few days away from the rush and stress of urban life, or looking to night stop whilst walking the coast path, we can provide bed and breakfast in sympathetically refurbished accommodation looking out onto some of the most breathtaking views in Cornwall.
Look straight out across unspoilt country side to the Atlantic Ocean; the sunsets are spectacular and on clear days one can look out along the coast line to Trevose Head at Padstow.
Our accommodation comprises of double/twin bedrooms all with en suite bathrooms, televisions and facilities for making hot drinks.
Breakfast is served between 7.30 and 10am in the dining room.
For further details see
Facilities for children:.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SS 208150 Lat: 50.90719 Long: -4.54916
Find us by turning off the A39 signposted Morwenstow approx. three miles north of Kilkhampton, follow the road a couple of miles, taking the second right hand turn in the village of Shop. Continue along this road for 1 1/2 miles until you reach Crosstown. The Bush Inn is on the left, on the far side of the village Green.
- Building of historical interest
- Public house/Inn
- Private parking
- American Express accepted
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Coach parties welcomed
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Staff fluent in Polish
- Central heating
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Continental breakfast only
- Evening meals
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Special diets available
- Vegetarian diet available
Facilities for children:.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities