Ruby Cycle Route 2 at Ruby Country
A 10.5 mile circular cycle touring route, starting in Bridgerule and taking in Holsworthy and Pyworthy. The route uses quiet country lanes and part of the Ruby Way across the Derriton Viaduct. This route also incorporates part of National Cycle Route 3.
Park outside the old chapel in Bridgerule. Refreshments can be found in the village shop, or from The Bridge Inn (the only pub west of the River Tamar but still in Devon).
Follow the self guided route through stunning countryside towards Holsworthy. Although the route does not go into Holsworthy, a short diversion will allow access to all necessary amenities.
Refreshments also available from the Molesworthy Arms in Pyworthy.
Open all the time
ContactRuby Country Partnership
email a friend
Cookworthy Forest Centre, Beaworthy, North Devon, EX21 5UX
Map reference: SS 410014 Lat: 50.79031 Long: -4.25719
There are many interesting and exciting places to visit and things to do in Ruby Country bringing you in contact with different aspects of the area and its heritage and wildlife.
Locted just off of Dartmoor
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport :
Also at this venue
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors